- Monica Faherty is a “strong believer in developing self-advocacy skills in DHH students.” She suggests taking a photo of their device so that they can learn the names of the different parts and components.
- ASHA develops a statement for clinicians regarding action to take if they are concerned about the potential violation of laws, regulation, and policies in their facilites. Read it here.
- Virtual/online schools must comply with IDEA
- Rhonda Thomas, founder of Communikids (private practice) says that she uses music in newborn/baby feeding sessions. She states that it soothes them and helps them form a sucking pattern.
- New ICD-10 codes for medicaid are much more specific.
Read it all in THE ASHA LEADER.